Where to use Hydrus
Hospitality and catering
Hydrus can be used on all surfaces within the hospitality and catering industry. The use of Hydrus enables swift, effective and thorough disinfection eliminating a number of potentially dangerous pathogens. Hydrus is a perfect solution for an efficient and quick disinfection practice. Hydrus is safe for surfaces and non-toxic as well as many other attributes, Hydrus is quat free. Quats are common in traditional cleaners used within the catering and hospitality industry. Quats cause damage to the environment and human health. Practices should include daily disinfection of surfaces that are touched more regularly than normal, including door handles, menus, doors, sinks, toilets, light switches, bannisters, etc. Food preparation areas, staff areas and general communal areas can also be sterilised with Hydrus disinfectants.
Hospitality And Catering
Correct and thorough hygiene practices are important in all walks of life, buy they become heightened when it comes to managing hospitality venues, restaurants, bars and catering outlets. Hospitality and catering venues/outlets are more susceptible to infections and illnesses, more so than at home, and the vulnerability of customers means that hospitality and catering venues/outlets need to take extra care.
Proper hygiene control affects everyone at a hospitality and catering venues/outlets, not just customers but staff to. The staff of course, have a moral duty to maintain proper disinfection practice throughout to protect all customers and team members from infections and illnesses.
- Consumption – Gastrointestinal infections (tummy upsets) can arise from consuming contaminated food or water, or when germs are carried to the mouth on unwashed hands (the faecal-oral route).
- Direct contact – Some germs spread through close direct contact with an infected person or animal, or by contact with their blood or other body fluids.
- Self-infection – Germs may spread (through contact) from one part of the body to another, (e.g. bladder infections occur when bacteria that normally live in the gut transfer to the urinary tract).
- Inhalation – Some germs spread by inhaling respiratory droplets that people produce when they talk, cough or sneeze. Germs carried in large droplets fall to the ground within a metre of the infected person (e.g. the chickenpox virus) but other germs can travel further in tiny airborne particles (e.g. flu viruses). Some germs can also spread through the air on skin scales shed from our bodies.
- Indirect contact – Infections can spread by touching a surface contaminated with germs (e.g. from blood, faeces, respiratory secretions, raw food or skin scales) and then touching the eyes, nose, mouth or a wound. The surfaces commonly involved are hand and food-contact surfaces, and cleaning utensils. Although germs will eventually die on a dry surface, many species can survive on surfaces long enough to pose a risk of infection (e.g. flu viruses can survive on hard surfaces for up to 3 days).
- Vehicles and vectors – Some animals act as vehicles of infection (e.g. flies and rodents can deposit germs in our food). Others act as vectors (e.g. ticks or mosquitoes) which spread infections by biting us.
Another purpose of promoting good hygiene is to educate staff on efficient hygiene practices. Whilst this may start in the home, it continues into the hospitality and catering sector and beyond.
Here at Hydrus we recommend our ready to use formula for best application methods when disinfecting in hospitality and catering venues/outlets. Our ready to use formula requires no dilution creating quick and efficient disinfection application. Our ready to use formula comes in a variety of products; 100ml handy bottles, 750ml multi option spray bottles, 5ltr, 25ltr and handy large sized wipes, perfect for quick disinfection of benches, food preparation areas and touch points.
We would also strongly recommend the fogging method of application. Fogging is a quick easy method to ensure all surfaces and areas are quickly disinfected in one motion. This would be a perfect option for end of day disinfection.