Where to use Hydrus
Gyms and Fitness centres
Hydrus liquid is used to disinfect equipment, workout stations, communal areas, changing rooms, floors… ideal for ensuring all areas are disinfected and ready for ongoing use within gyms and fitness centres. Practices should include daily disinfection of surfaces that are touched more regularly than normal, including toilets, light switches, bannisters, etc. areas and general communal areas can also be sterilised with Hydrus disinfectants. Hydrus is a perfect solution for all.
HYGIENE IN GYMS AND FITNESS CENTRES
Correct and thorough hygiene practices are important in all walks of life, buy they become heightened when it comes to managing gyms and fitness centres. Gyms and fitness centres are highly susceptible to infections and illnesses, more so than at home, and the vulnerability of customers and staff means that gyms and fitness centres need to take extra care.
Proper hygiene control affects everyone at a gyms and fitness centres, not just customers but staff too. The staff of course, have a moral duty to maintain proper disinfection practice throughout to protect all users and team members from infections and illnesses.
- Indirect contact – Infections can spread by touching a surface contaminated with germs (e.g. from blood, faeces, respiratory secretions, raw food or skin scales) and then touching the eyes, nose, mouth or a wound. The surfaces commonly involved are hand and food-contact surfaces, and cleaning utensils. Although germs will eventually die on a dry surface, many species can survive on surfaces long enough to pose a risk of infection (e.g. flu viruses can survive on hard surfaces for up to 3 days).Direct contact – Some germs spread through close direct contact with an infected person or animal, or by contact with their blood or other body fluids.
- Vertical transmission – Some germs can spread from an infected mother to her baby during pregnancy, delivery or breastfeeding.
- Self-infection – Germs may spread (through contact) from one part of the body to another, (e.g. bladder infections occur when bacteria that normally live in the gut transfer to the urinary tract).
- Inhalation – Some germs spread by inhaling respiratory droplets that people produce when they talk, cough or sneeze.
Germs carried in large droplets fall to the ground within a metre of the infected person (e.g. the chickenpox virus) but other germs can travel further in tiny airborne particles (e.g. flu viruses). Some germs can also spread through the air on skin scales shed from our bodies.
- Consumption – Gastrointestinal infections (tummy upsets) can arise from consuming contaminated food or water, or when germs are carried to the mouth on unwashed hands (the faecal-oral route).
Another purpose of promoting good hygiene is to educate customers and staff on efficient hygiene practices. Whilst this may start in the home, it continues into the gym, fitness centres and beyond.
Here at Hydrus we recommend our ready to use formula for best application methods when disinfecting in gyms and fitness facilities. Our ready to use formula requires no dilution creating quick and efficient disinfection application. Our ready to use formula comes in a variety of products; 100ml handy bottles, 750ml multi option spray bottles, 5ltr, 25ltr and handy large sized wipes.