Where to use Hydrus
Hair and beauty salons/spas
Hydrus liquid is used to disinfect wash basins, equipment, work stations, couches, floors… ideal for ensuring all areas are disinfected and ready for ongoing use within the hair and beauty industry. Practices should include daily disinfection of surfaces that are touched more regularly than normal, including toilets, light switches, bannisters, etc. areas and general communal areas can also be sterilised with Hydrus disinfectants. Hydrus is a perfect solution for all.
Hair And Beauty Salons
Correct and thorough hygiene practices are important in all walks of life, buy they become heightened when it comes to managing hair and beauty salons. Hair and beauty salons are more susceptible to infections and illnesses, more so than at home, and the vulnerability of customers means that hair and beauty salons need to take extra care.
Proper hygiene control affects everyone at a hair and beauty salon, not just customers but staff to. The staff of course, have a moral duty to maintain proper disinfection practice throughout to protect all customers and team members from infections and illnesses.
Staff who wish the best for the customers and want to stay healthy themselves. Staff have a moral and legal duty to safeguard customers from infections and illnesses.
- Direct contact – Some germs spread through close direct contact with an infected person or animal, or by contact with their blood or other body fluids.
- Self-infection – Germs may spread (through contact) from one part of the body to another, (e.g. bladder infections occur when bacteria that normally live in the gut transfer to the urinary tract).
- Inhalation – Some germs spread by inhaling respiratory droplets that people produce when they talk, cough or sneeze.
- Germs carried in large droplets fall to the ground within a metre of the infected person (e.g. the chickenpox virus) but other germs can travel further in tiny airborne particles (e.g. flu viruses). Some germs can also spread through the air on skin scales shed from our bodies.
- Consumption – Gastrointestinal infections (tummy upsets) can arise from consuming contaminated food or water, or when germs are carried to the mouth on unwashed hands (the faecal-oral route).
- Indirect contact – Infections can spread by touching a surface contaminated with germs (e.g. from blood, faeces, respiratory secretions, raw food or skin scales) and then touching the eyes, nose, mouth or a wound. The surfaces commonly involved are hand and food-contact surfaces, and cleaning utensils. Although germs will eventually die on a dry surface, many species can survive on surfaces long enough to pose a risk of infection (e.g. flu viruses can survive on hard surfaces for up to 3 days).
Another purpose of promoting good hygiene is to educate staff on efficient hygiene practices. Whilst this may start in the home, it continues into the hair and beauty salon and beyond.
Here at Hydrus we recommend our ready to use formula for best application methods when disinfecting in hair and beauty salons. Our ready to use formula requires no dilution creating quick and efficient disinfection application. Our ready to use formula comes in a variety of products; 100ml handy bottles, 750ml multi option spray bottles, 5ltr, 25ltr and handy large sized wipes, perfect for quick disinfection of benches, chairs and general touch points throughout the day as well as after each client change over.
We would also strongly recommend the fogging method of application. Fogging is a quick easy method to ensure all surfaces and areas are quickly disinfected in one motion. This would be a perfect option for end of day disinfection, a one stop for whole salon disinfection eliminating the time of cleaning all surfaces, walls, basins, couches and so on with more traditional application methods.